Pinewoods Covid Update
June 30, 2022
Dear Pinewoods Camp Community:
As you may have heard, we have had an outbreak of COVID-19 among dancers at Folk Days and among our crew. We, unfortunately, had to end Folk Days a day early, and CDS-Boston Centre decided to cancel the July 4 weekend session.
This is naturally an unfortunate turn of events, and we understand this might be causing anxiety for community members. We want to assure you that we are taking the following steps to mitigate risk and allow Camp to reopen as safely as possible for all future sessions:
- We have had PCR tests administered for all crew, and those individuals that were negative will test again on Saturday, before the next camp session (ESCape) starts.
- We have temporarily implemented an N95 mask policy for all crew.
- We use Force of Nature, an EPA-registered hospital-grade sanitizer, to disinfect surfaces.
- We are working with Program Providers to move more activities outdoors.
- We will be installing a tent in the clearing outside the Dining Hall so we can move tables outdoors to reduce crowding during meals and provide a sheltered area for other activities.
- We will continue our program of regular antigen testing for the crew.
- We are temporarily minimizing interactions between crew and campers to ensure infection does not spread from crew to campers and vice versa.
- We will be implementing heightened testing requirements for entrance to Camp.
- We will be asking campers to sign a Covid attestation, which we are currently developing.
We are taking this situation very seriously and are putting these measures in place to address our current outbreak and avoid future outbreaks. We may also implement additional measures before camp restarts as well as over the course of the summer.
This week has required tough decisions and intensive work for Pinewoods and our Program Providers. We ask for your patience as we navigate the changes we need to make. We know you will have additional questions and we will address them when we can. Please address questions to Chris Jacobs at .
We thank our entire camp community for working together to keep everyone as safe as possible so we can continue to celebrate the magic of Pinewoods this summer.
We look forward to welcoming you to Camp and sharing dance and music with you under the pines!
Pinewoods Camp, Inc. Executive Committee
July 1, 2022
Photo Credit: Emilie Moore